Money. Money. Money. A great resource to have (as long as you don’t let it get to your head)… I’ve been thinking for a while now about what the hell I would do if I had $10 million dollars in the bank. Here are a few things I came up with (at 3 am this morning LOL):
1. -$1,000,000 as a tithe to a few different churches. I would make sure the money went to use to feed and house the homeless and help them get back on their feet. I get tired of seeing people begging on the corner everyday. Maybe they just need a little push. Hopefully this would help.
2. -$138,000 to pay off all my debt. I got $58,117.47 in student loans. My wife has $56,739.56 in student loans. Car owe about $17,319.29. And the rest is just minor debts.
3. -$1,000,000 to help 100 minority entrepreneurs launch their business by giving them $10,000 each. I know how hard it is to get started and if someone would have given me $10 grand to get started – no telling where I would be. Especially seeing that banks don’t like to give loans to startups and are not in the business of investing in people’s dreams. I can.
4. -$150,000 towards my three kids college funds. That way they don’t have to take out any student loans to get ahead.
5. -$1,500,000 to my investors ($500K each) who trusted me with their money to build my dream. Now I can help them build theirs.
6. -$1,000,000 towards retirement in a combination of ROTH IRA, annuities, and 401K.
7. -$100,000 towards helping all my friends and family incarcerated and to help the families of my friends that are dead. Both of those are tough to deal with.
8. -$1,000,000 towards building my brand by shooting a movie based on my life, shooting a documentary about “The Real St. Louis”, and making it on the Billboard Charts.
9. -$1,000,000 towards giving $1,000 each to my first 1,000 fans that bought my debut album “My Life Brazy” and helped me make my dream come true. I don’t think nobody ever did this in the history of music so I’d like to be the first. Shid, without my fans, none of this would be possible anyway.
10. -$30,000 on travel. I’d like to go see some places around the world with my family like: Dubai, Zimbabwe, Tahiti, Jamaica, Australia, Cancun, Toronto, New Zealand, Egypt, Denver, Los Angeles, and Miami.
11. -$500,000 on signing 100 unsigned artists to a $5,000 record deal each, so that they could promote their music.
12. -$1,000,000 on giving back to some of the organizations in St. Louis that helped me along my journey. Places like: Better Family Life, St. Patrick’s Center, Mathew’s Dickey Boys & Girls Club, St. Louis Public Schools, Metro Transit – St. Louis, St. Louis Community College, Pulitzer Foundation for the Arts, Employment Connection.
13. -$20,000 to my friend Lawrence’s GoFundMe account to help him get a kidney transplant.
13. -$1,562,000 which would be left. I’d probably go and rent a house, buy a used car, go shopping, and bless some more people along the way. Yeah, that’s what I’d do.
What would you do with your $10 million? Comment below.
If you haven’t -> picked up my latest album <- “My Life Brazy”, what are you waiting on? Click the link. I could definitely use your support in trying to reach my goal of selling 1,000 albums. If you’ve already bought it, I appreciate you. Thanks everybody!!
Author: Farlin Ave
Naheem “Farlin Ave” Houston is a musician and founder of 7 Star Dreams. When not busy being an entrepreneur, he works as an entertainment news journalist for the mainstream Hip Hop station 97.9 The Beat in Dallas, TX.
There are no comments yet, add one below.